Sunday, April 25, 2010

Locks Of Love

About 4 years ago, I decided to grow my hair out. As it started to get longer someone I know donated 22 inches of hair to Locks of Love. This foundation makes wigs for cancer patients and donates them. I thought that was pretty cool and have always had more hair than I know what to do with! I decided to go for it. I passed the 10 inch minimum last year. I had about 12-14 inches of hair to donate. It had gotten so heavy that I could no longer do anything but a ponytail with it. I couldn't do the cute buns or the up dos anymore without divots and bruises from hair pins or pieces always falling. It was time to cut it off! Here are the pictures!

Free of the ponytail before being cut.
The only style option I had left!

The braid to be donated by the salon.


After

After
I am very happy with my short hair! I noticed today that it doesn't get stuck under the diaper bag strap. I am very glad to be able to have a "style" again!

1 comment:

Britni said...

Amy, I love the hair. Lindy is sure getting big too! Still so cute though!