Jim decided that since there were fires burning out west that he would put himself available nationally as a single resource and see if he got an assignment. He was on the national board less than half a day before he was assigned! He was assigned first to a fire in Arizona. He was then moved to the fire in Los Alamos, NM. He asked if he could spend his rest days at home since he was so close. The powers that be let him delay his flight to Missouri by 5 days and he got to come home and visit us!

Daddy's Home!
I had been telling Lindy that her Daddy was coming home, but I don't think she understood what I was telling her. He pulled up in the driveway in a rental car and she ran to see who it was. I heard a confused "Daddy?" and then a big laugh and "Daddy, Daddy, Daddy!" as she ran out to greet him when he got out of the car.
We had a lot of fun together, I just didn't take many pictures. We can hardly wait to be a complete family again!
No comments:
Post a Comment