Monday, August 10, 2009

Doctor's Appointment and Stuff

It has been awhile since I have updated, sorry! Jim has been gone for 13 days fighting the Bradfield Fire in Dove Creek, CO. It is on the ranch that my dad was raised on. He has been working really long hours, but I have been able to talk to him everyday. He should be home either tomorrow or more likely, Wednesday.

Lindy has gone to the doctor and gotten her 6 months shots. She did not like to be laid down on the table at all! When Mary laid her down to get her measurements, Lindy freaked out kicking and screaming. Needless to say, it was a little rough getting the shots done. She was a little fussy after, but not very bad. She has officially outgrown her infant seat. It is rated to 22 pounds and 29 inches. She is 18 pounds and 29 1/2 inches long. She is again off the chart for height and in the 50th percentile for weight. Dr. Worth said that he is very impressed with her development. She is very strong and cheerful!

We have introduced many foods in the past month. She is eating all of the Gerber 1st foods and cereals. This week she started eating rice cakes and whole grain crackers. The dog is really enjoying the fact that most of the cracker and rice cake end up on the floor!


An example of "busy"

Crawling between the chairs and lamp while eating a book mark

Day Care is going well. The first day they asked me if she is always "busy". I told them that if "busy" means into EVERYTHING, then yes, she is a busy child! She is forever trying to eat a magazine, chase the kitty, break off a part of a plant, munch on a cord or play in the dog water! She has taken to all of the wonderful ladies at the center very quickly. She has two boys her age in the same room. She is really tired when we get home! She still likes to nap on her own terms. She is pretty sure she will miss something if she sleeps!

I start back to school on Wednesday. My TESOL endorsement class started today. I am very excited about it. It will take 2 years, but it is worth it to be able to include English language learners into my classroom better. My new classroom is almost done. I am down to a pile of basically crap that I need to sort through. I also need to run the housekeeping toys through my dishwasher. Lord only knows what germs have been breeding on those fake food items! I am really looking forward to working with my new assistant. She was a joy to work with when she was subbing in the office for 6 weeks this spring.

The back porch under construction
Our house has been and still is under construction. We had our front and back doors replaced. Casey did such wonderful work that we now have him building a 12 by 30 foot porch on the back of the house. It is like we have added a new room! We can be outside 9 months out of the year here comfortably. It has already made our backyard much better! We bought Lindy a swing too! She isn't old enough for a swing set yet, so Casey is going to install it on the porch. I will post pictures of all of it soon!


I have to go to the dentist tomorrow for what is either a cracked or broken filling. I can't see that any of it is missing, but I know the nerve is exposed! Hot and cold and even cool air are all bad things right now. I have no swelling and no pain from pressure, so I hope I have caught it before anything major has gone wrong!

No comments: