Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Catching up on the news!

Ok, so I decided that you may need a refresher and an update. I was looking a back at some posts where I said I would update you as things happened!

In August I had a really sensitive tooth. Dr. Ugai was able to save the tooth with a root canal and a crown. He is a UNL trained dentist from North Platte, who ended up in Durango, CO. Go Big Red! He wanted to discuss this year's football team with about 4 pieces of equipment in my mouth, but all went well! I spent about 5 hours in the chair total getting it all taken care of.

On September 9th, my Grandma Bradfield passed away. She had been diagnosed with dementia about 14 years ago. It was expected, but still hard. I did get to see my dad and my sister Natasha and her husband Scott. They all came in for a few days. The funeral was in Cortez, CO and we saw many family member that we had not seen in a long time. I need to get some pictures scanned and will put together a post of them.

Lindy and I were both hit by H1N1. I had a confirmed case in my classroom that was counted as a case out of Albuquerque because of his mom's address. I got it at school as did my assistant. We were both kind enough to share it with our families and each missed a week of school. Jim didn't get it, but he thinks he had it in the spring on a fire. Lindy did pretty well with it considering that she was sick. She and I spent one whole day in bed, literally. We got up for about 45 minutes and other than that only to change diapers and get more water. After 24 hours of sleep, she was like a new kid! She still has a mild cough, but it is a little better every day. My cough is gone, thankfully.

My TESOL endorsement class is almost over. I am finding it to be really repetitive of the things I just learned in my MEd classes. I feel like it is busy work with no purpose. I really thought I would be learning new things. I keep telling myself to just put my head down, do the work and get it over with. I wish I could do it on my own time line and finish it before the end of this summer rather than making it last 2 school years. I will do what I have to just to get it done!

Jim's fire season ended with a trip to California. It was not a fun trip that involved any form of beach. Rather, it involved fire camps, lack of showers and poison oak. He had a good season overall. It was the slowest season that I have ever seen and I have been through 10 of them. It is really nice to have him home!

We hope that everything is well with your families! I will keep making updates as I can!

No comments: