Sunday, November 1, 2009

Happy Halloween!

We had a good Halloween at the Cornelius house! I decided not to pass out candy this year. Last year I handed out $40 worth and saw about 5 kids I know. I live in the district where I teach, I know every kid in a 25 block radius. Our neighborhood is a popular "drop off" for kids from out of the area. I was sick and tired of seeing teenagers with their hoodies zipped up over their faces, or kids without costumes and huge pillow cases. I know, I am a total scrooge, but last year I started to get a little scared when the car loads of teenagers were showing up. Besides, the door bell rings until 10pm and it freaks the dog out! For the first time, I ate dinner on Halloween! We did take Lindy to see Jeannie and to see Shanda and Danny. She fell asleep on the block and a half drive between them so we decided she was trick or treated out. Day care was kind enough to feed her a Kit Kat Bar. I about choked when I saw her drooling chocolate and with mashed up candy bar in her hand!


Lindy as a duck. Thank you Grandma Linda and Grandpa Art for the costume!!




"Quack"


Trick or Treat!

For the first time ever, Jim and I dressed up on Halloween! We were invited to a party with some friends. We had a great time. Our costumes were designed for warmth since it was an outdoor party! I have on full cross country ski gear under mine, Jim has on his winter running clothes. We had a great time and look forward to next year's costume hunt!



Jim as a Pharaoh cursing the snake that fell off his head dress.


Lindy really liked the train on my costume. I was Cleopatra, but pulled my hair up because of the wind!
I have to admit that we bought Lindy a pumpkin but never carved it! My friend Tammy and her family carve the most beautiful pumpkins, and I have great inspiration for next year!

No comments: