We have had a couple of health scares already this year. My dad had one and so did Lindy. We are currently discovering exactly how much an ambulance ride from our house to San Juan Regional costs. Every time a bill comes in, it is bigger than the last one! We are still waiting to see how much ALFAC will pay of the co-pays that are starting to roll in.
My dad was diagnosed with Paget's Disease in January. This is a form of breast cancer that is more likely to strike men than women. He had to have a mastectomy on the right side January 28th. Natasha flew in from Lincoln to Phoenix for the surgery. I left Lindy and Jim and also went to Phoenix for 5 days. They did just fine without me and I enjoyed some time with my sister while Dad was in the hospital. Dad did so well in surgery that he was teasing nurses by the time Natasha and I were allowed to see him. By the next day he was busting out the "old white guy" dance moves in the hallway while wearing a lovely gown! We found out on March 4th that Dad does not need any chemo or radiation. They will do another scan in 4 months. He should be headed back to work soon!
Dad modeling the latest in surgical wear
Lindy had a health scare also on March 4th. I received a phone call from day care that Lindy had a fever. I went and picked her up, took her home, put her to bed and waited for Jim to come from Durango so I could go back to work. I had class after school that I had to attend. It was about 4 o'clock and our friend Clay was standing at my door. He said that we had to go, Lindy and Jim were at the hospital, Lindy had a seizure. After I realized that he was talking to me and needed me to go, he drove me to the hospital to meet Jim and Lindy. The seizure was a febrile seizure meaning that it was caused by a fever. This is a genetic trigger that both Jim and his brother Jonny had. The doctor said she will out grow it. She is perfectly fine and will have no affects from the seizure. We will now be nervous wrecks every time she has a fever!

See look, I am fine!
No comments:
Post a Comment