Friday, July 9, 2010

Super Hero Capes

So I have a new hobby. I have found that I have a passion for super hero capes. Capes make you feel so empowered and so bold!! You can be someone totally different when you wear your cape! I had seen a pattern awhile ago for making a cape out of a hand towel for a small child. I, of course, stored that idea in my mental file of "what a cool idea, I wish I had thought of that..." Our Principal was moved to a school that is in need of some serious re-building. They needed a super hero! A friend and I were discussing this in the teacher's lounge when I mentioned that I knew how to make capes out of towels. Becky mentioned that she had the talent to buy towels. The idea then formed and 12 hours later, Julie was presented with this cape:


Super Principal!
Her assistant principal got one that says Trusty Sidekick!
I have since made a Flower Girl and a Ring Bearer cape for my brother in law's wedding. I have 5 more in the works. I will post a picture of the Flower Girl and Ring Bearer when I get one. The kids only wore them at the rehearsal dinner and I didn't take any pictures. I hope someone else got some!
I design all of my own logos and base each one on the personality of the person receiving it. My friend suggested that I make a bunch and try to sell them at a craft show, but that is a lot of time invested in something that may not sell. I will stick to making meaningful capes for people I love! I am having so much fun with this!

You may never know when your cape is in the mail...

No comments: