Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The Christmas Letter

Yes, I have added an update! I managed to get a picture Christmas card made, but the thought of printing, signing and folding 40 some odd letters, just made me tired! As most of you know, I am a full time teacher, full time mom, part time student and somewhere in there I try to be a good wife! I have failed misserably to keep this wonderful blog updated for those of you who do not get to see us often. I promise to try to do better, after May!

I still have 1 semester of college left. After 12 years of college, most people are PhDs! I will hold 3 degrees (AGS, BA, MEd) and I will have a TESOL endorsement. I also have to write my last dossier before June 6 to prove to the State of New Mexico that I am worth more money to them. After that, I will be FREE!!! I am declaring myself educated and I am not going to sign up for any new classes. I am going to focus on being a good mom, spouse, educator and one heck of a blogger!



I have included a picture of Lindy from every month in 2010. I will write our letter around the pictures. Please join us in reminiscing!







In January, Lindy turned 1! She celebrated the morning of her birthday by using Laughing Cow to paste her toast to her head. She was not impressed by birthday cake, but she did have fun with the bows from her presents! Our wonderful friends, The Browne's, hosted her birthday party. It was a great time and she was completely spoiled!

A few days after her birthday I left for Phoenix for a week to be with my Dad and sister as Dad had a mastectomy on the right side. Dad is now cancer free and didn't even need follow up treatment. He will continue to have scans for awhile. We did find out that the cancer was environmental, not genetic.







February





March

Look! Proof that occasionally, Lindy stops and sleeps. She is such a busy body that we rarely ever see her still!

We found out in March that Lindy inherited her dad's intolerance for a fever. Jim took an ambulance ride with her after a seizure and we spent a lovely evening in the ER. She will have no long term health effects from this but we are to treat all fevers over 99.5 as serious business. We have not had a repeat of this horrible side effect and were told that she will out grow it.







April,
Editing the news after doing the crossword in ink!







May

Little Miss Glamor in her sunglasses! She does a pretty good job of leaving them on, most of the time. The last of May and the beginning of June found Lindy and I in Pueblo to visit my Mom and Art and to see my sister, Natasha. We had a blast as always! We went to a couple of concerts, ate good barbecue and painted the dining room. It was nice to get another room in Mom and Art's home done. Every time we get to spend time there gets us one room closer to them being done with the house before they retire to it!









June found us in Chicago for Jim's step-brother Blake's wedding. Lindy looked lovely and had a great time with all of her aunts, uncles and cousins! She was able to spend some time with her Grandpa Jim and Grandma Dee Ann while we were there. It was nice to see everyone for at least a short time! We had enough notice that Jim was able to take time off from the crew and travel with us. All six of Jim and Dee Ann's children were home. I went to scan the picture of everyone that Dee Ann sent me and realized I no longer own a scanner!





Lindy finally had enough hair for a haircut in July! She was very calm and let Tiffany do all she needed to without a fuss. It is finally time for another one. Poor baby just doesn't have that much hair!

Jim was home most of the summer this year after July! It was a slow fire year and he jumped at the opportunity to be the FMO (Fire Management Officer) in Bayfield, CO for a few months. It was nice to have him around. We got to do a lot of hiking and playing since he actually had real days off!




August took us to Pueblo for another visit with Grandma Linda and Grandpa Art. Lindy has gotten very good at the 5 hour trip from here to there! We only allow her to watch Elmo in the car on trips over an hour. She seems to know when he gets to watch him! As soon as we get in the car for a long trip we hear "Moe Moe?" from the back seat!

School started earlier than ever this year. I swear that soon we are no longer going to have summer break! I was back in the classroom to set up August 1 and reported officially August 12. The county fair wasn't even over yet!


September was very fun as we got to see my Aunt Rita and Uncle Gene in Pueblo. We went to the Chile Festival and will try to go again next year! We always wish that Natasha could join us for all of our visits! Lincoln is a little further away from Pueblo than Farmington.


October,

Lindy diapering every stuffed animal she could reach!




November took us to Winslow, AZ to see my dad. We spent Thanksgiving at his house. It was nice to see him and get to spend some time with him. Lindy loved the open floor plan of his house and had toys strung all over! We get to see Dad about once a month. He spends a lot of time driving to get to see Lindy whenever he can. We are unfortunately having to eliminate the guest bedroom due to large toys being accumulated, but he has agreed (grudgingly) to sleep on an air bed!


We traveled to Nebraska for Christmas. Natasha joined us also and we were able to spend some time watching old Christmas movies and catching up at Mom's house! It was good to see everyone that made it to Uncle Bruce and Aunt Bev's house for dinner. Their "little" boys are no longer so little! Heath and Dustin were only 8 and 6 when I left home. They are now a senior and a junior in high school! Their older sister, Nicole, was not able to make it home. I miss seeing them more than once a year! I was able to visit with my grandparents and see many aunts, uncles and cousins. We also got to visit my childhood best friend, Tammy and her family. They live in Casper, WY and made a trip out to the Flats to see her parents. Everyone seems to be doing well!




From our little family to yours: May 2011 bring health, happiness and many adventures!


Love, Jim, Amy and Lindy






We almost used this picture for the cards. It is Lindy in all of her Lindy-ness! You can almost hear her squeal in happiness in it!


No comments: