Thursday, May 3, 2012

36 Weeks

It has been 36 weeks!  We are only 3 Thursdays away from meeting Owen!  We had an ultrasound today and a regular doctor's visit.  I am healthy and so is Owen.  I have been having more swelling in my feet and hands but the doctor said it is the heat and humidity.  Owen was a little bit of a turkey and didn't want to let the ultrasound tech take pictures.  He hid behind his placenta and kept his head as low as possible.  We did find out that he will have hair, unlike his sister.  I don't think it will be fair if I can put the barrettes in his hair at the hospital that I could not put in Lindy's until she was 18 months!  He should be between 5 and 7 pounds and is going to be long and lean.  Overall he is in the 57% for size, but his femur bone is in the 98%.  He looked very good!  I gained 4 pounds this time, taking me up to 24 pounds gained.  Dr. Moore said that some of it was from the increased swelling and was simply water weight.  I hope she is right and that the swelling goes away quickly after he is born!  Flip flops are about my only shoe choice at this point. 

 36 Weeks
Almost there!

Owen Robert at 36 weeks.

The air conditioning decided to go out in the car on our way home.  It will be fixed by the 37 week appointment.  A 2 hour drive each way in 90 degrees with 90+ percent humidity without air conditioning while very pregnant is cruel and unusual punishment!

No comments: