Monday, January 17, 2011

Lindy's Party

We had Lindy's 2nd Birthday Party at the Browne's house again. Jeannie has been so wonderful to allow us to use her home to host all of our friends to celebrate Lindy! This year, we had a whole house full! It scared Lindy a little when we sang to her. She had a lot of fun with all of the people who came and this year. When I asked Lindy what she wanted to eat she said "pippa" so we had pizza, lasagna and spaghetti. It was a big hit and we had no left overs! My dear friend, Jennifer, convinced me I could decorate a cake. I think it turned out pretty good and will most likely attempt it again!

Lindy opening gifts with Nessy's help!

Last year was the year of the clothes, this year it was books!
She loves books and got enough new ones that we had to clear her out a new shelf in the bookcase.

Mom, Dad and Lindy after she ate the black frosting from Elmo's eyes!



Mmmmm, the black frosting is the best!



My efforts at cake decorating!
Lindy does not eat cake, she likes the frosting, but spits out the cake. After watching an episode of Ace of Cakes, I though of using Rice Crispy Treat. Jennifer and I did a little research and learned how to do Rice Crispy Treat in the cake pan instead. I had never in my life made Rice Crispy Treat nor had I ever done a frosting job that didn't look like I had let Lindy do it. All in all, I think it came out pretty good. There was NONE left over.

No comments: