There are very few of you who do not know this yet, but I figured I needed to say something. We are leaving the Four Corners after 9 years. We lived in Durango, CO for 6 years and Farmington, NM for 3. We have loved every minute of it. The weather is mild, there is quick access to the mountains, I have some family here and we have many, many friends here. Our time here is soon to be over though.
We are moving up and on to Missouri. Jim has accepted a promotion to Salem, MO. He will be the Zone FMO (Fire Management Officer) on the Mark Twain National Forest. This is a huge change for him and our little family.
The best part of this move is that Jim will now be fighting fire from home instead of the road. For 15 years he has been a Hot Shot and gone for 6 months out of the year. I have been with him for 10 1/2 of those years. He no longer wants to be away from home since Lindy is now with us. It never has bothered me to have him gone because it is the way it has always been. It is really hard for Jim to be away from Lindy so much, though. It is also hard on Lindy and I to have him gone so much. He will now have a busy spring, mellow summer and busy late fall. We will be able to take one of those vacation thingies in the middle of the summer when I am off! It will be a strange feeling for us to not say goodbye in April and not see each other until October. I think we will get used to it though!
Jim leaves in March and I will follow when my contract is fulfilled in May. Lindy is going to stay with me since Jim needs some time to get acquainted with his new forest obligations. He is going to find us a house, get the day care lined up and deal with the technicalities of a move. Lindy and I will go out to see Missouri in March. I have only ever been to Missouri one time to tour a college and it was a short trip.
It is going to be a grand adventure!
No comments:
Post a Comment