Thursday, January 12, 2012

A Textural Study, By Lindy

Grandma Linda and Grandpa Jumpy gave Lindy her first camera for Christmas.  It is a Fisher Price KidTough, that is truly Lindyproof.  It is shockproof, dustproof and waterproof.  She took 160 pictures within the first 24 hours.  When I went through them, I found an interesting bunch that seemed like a textural study that you would do in a photography class!  Here are the results of Lindy's study of texture.  

 Couch Cushion Up Close

 Coffee Table in Wood Grain

 The Trees at Sunset From the Front Room Window

 Fire

 Curtain from the Floor

My Shoes from Grandma Ann and Papa Boat

Some of these pictures reminded me of when our photographer left the studio we had hired for our wedding 4 days before our wedding.  I was directed to the "new" photographer's web site and she was into "LifeArt" or as I called it: "Random People Not Looking at the Camera and Pictures of Shoes Thrown on the Floor."  As my only option, I called my Jenn bawling from the computer lab at Fort Lewis.  She ran across campus and first consoled the poor hippie next to me that I scared and then she consoled me.  Our pictures turned out great after Jenn rationally explained what my blubbering meant to the photographer.  Jenn made sure we got every shot we wanted "traditionally" posed and a few we didn't think of.  I do actually treasure one of the photographer's  "LifeArt" pictures of my Grandma Lee and I laughing.  Maybe Lindy has a future in this.

No comments: