The first doctor's appointment was just a measure and checkup. All was well! I had lost 2 pounds and was measuring too small. Dr. Chang said that he was surprised to see that considering at first I was gaining too fast and measuring too big. I asked if we could just average it all and call it good. Lindy's heart rate was 135. He had trouble finding her heart rate at first. I could feel her squirming away from the microphone. When he did find it, she kicked the microphone hard enough to bounce it off of her and he had to look again. Once he found it again, she let him get a reading just long enough to get an average and then she rolled away from it. I think that she may be like her daddy at the doctor! The second appointment was for a Strep B test and the go ahead to go to Nebraska for Christmas. I had lost another pound and was still measuring the same. No sign of Strep B and I was cleared to go.
Unfortunately, Wolf Creek Pass closed just as we got to it. It took us 7 hours to drive 270 miles and end up back at home. I didn't get to walk for my graduation. I had to admit that the stress on me and Lindy (and not to mention Jim) was just too much. We are going to stay home for Christmas. The Browne's sent me flowers and invited us to have Christmas with them. We will spend it with very dear friends instead of family this year. I will miss my family horribly on Christmas day, but we had to make the decision based on our health and safety. Plus, we are now seeing that on the days we planned on traveling home, it is supposed to get ugly again. I am glad we decided to stay here rather than risk ugly roads both ways. The good news is that the Mommy-mobile handles very well on icy roads! Jim was trying to get it to slide and the traction control took over and would not let it even slip. It now needs to be washed worse than after the elk hunting adventure!
I hope everyone has safe travels this week and that you all get what you want from Santa!
2 comments:
I'm glad you made it back home safely! Can't take chances when you are that far along.
Too bad you didn't get to walk for graduation but you are best at home if the roads are so bad. Congrats anyhow! By the way, I tagged u. go to my blog to see the rules. It's a fun one. Take care and merry christmas!!
Post a Comment