Monday, December 1, 2008

32 Weeks

As you can see, Lindy is growing! It is a little surreal to look down and see a shelf where there used to be nothing! I think that she is starting to sit lower. I am sure that this is all part of getting ready to be delivered. I had a Braxton Hicks contraction today that I felt for the first time. I can't believe that it is time for pre-contractions already!

32 Weeks
My dad came for Thanksgiving. It was great to see him! My uncle, Kenny, came down for Thanksgiving dinner with us. I hadn't seen Kenny since July so it was good to catch up. Dad and I worked on the nursery on Friday and Saturday. On Friday, Dad built some great shelves in the "short" side of the closet. With the double hang bar, I actually gained about 6 inches of bar space, plus all of the great shelves that dad made! On Saturday, he built the crib and the changing table. After the whole mess of getting a crib that wasn't splintered into little pieces and getting the refund from JC Penney, it was short about half of the screws it needed! Dad was able to find the screws he needed at the Home Depot, so it is all together. Right now, it is under a large, blue tarp waiting for the painting to be finished. Who knew that it would be so hard to paint over an off white color. The old color "bisque" keeps coming through the yellow as an almost chocolate brown. Considering that the old paint has very little color on the wall, I can't figure out why this is happening! It is going to take 2 coats. I have been painting for 2 weeks, I just want to be done!
Jim is home from Mexico. He got very sick while he was there. He made it to the wedding, but he barely remembers it and he missed the reception. What he remembers, he said was very beautiful. After a trip to Urgent Care on Saturday, I think he is doing better. He is still not feeling very well, though. He did get to spend some time with all of his parents, his brother and his sisters before getting sick!
I have my next doctor's appointment next Monday.

No comments: