Wednesday, March 30, 2011

A Visit with Pops

My dad has been off of work for a couple of weeks due to a blocked artery. We were wrapping up Jim's going away party and Dad started to say he didn't feel well. He insisted he was fine. We should take him and Cheryl back to the hotel and they would put Lindy to bed, we could go continue the festivities downtown with the crew. I knew he didn't look right and the EMT trained crew members all told me to get him to the ER. I persisted and got him to go. After an hour of telling me he felt silly for going to the ER, the doctor told us he was concerned enough to admit him for monitoring and extensive stress testing the next day. His enzyme levels raised in the middle of the night and the heart team was already scheduled for another surgery the next morning, so they added Dad. It was a good thing! They found one artery was 97% blocked and required 2 stints to open, the others were so clear and healthy they could have belonged to a 16 year old heart. He had no actual heart attack, just the warning that one might be coming. He is doing very well, and had to take a little time off due to CDL regulations. He should be back to work, but I haven't talked to him since Sunday to find out for sure! Sorry, Dad, I am busy but you know I am thinking of you! Lindy and I went down to visit him for a few days. The part of Arizona that Dad lives in is flat, dry and windy! We decided to go see the Meteor Crater to get us out of the house. It was cool to see, but the windy just about knocked poor Lindy over!
Climbing walls and guard rails.

That is one big hole! It is more than one mile across and so deep that you can't see a 6 ft tall "man on the moon" at the bottom. NASA did some of their training here for the Apollo moon missions. Making the meteor crash. She stood next to the astronaut until I pulled out the camera!
Oh the Arizona wind!

No comments: