Saturday, May 23, 2009

Fire Season is Here!

Well, as you know, I have not posted in a LONG time! I apologize for that lack of updates. I knew that my going back to work the same day that Jim's crew came on was going to be difficult. What I didn't realize was that it was totally going to eat my lunch! Jim left the day after they became available on the national boards for their first fire. They were gone for a full 14 days. They then left again as soon as they were available. Unfortunately (or very, very fortunately) they were home again 3 days later. Jim has been home since Wednesday! Lindy has been spending tons of time with him, and I got to take a NAP! Oh, how I long for the lazy days when I could come home from school and crash for about 45 minutes, then make dinner and clean the house!

I finally got a picture of the crew where no one is picking their nose, making a lewd gesture, or farting in the middle of the group so everyone is making faces! If you have ever wondered what Jim's job looks like, here it is. This picture was in the Arizona Daily Star on May 8th.


San Juan Hotshots on the fire line

No comments: