Hello all! I am so sorry that it has been so long since the last update. Time flies when you are having fun! Lindy and I have been very busy. We have been playing softball (I have been playing right field, she has been entertaining the dugout!), playing with friends, and traveling. Jim has been home a little more than usual so it has been a great summer so far! He left today to go to Montrose to a 20 acre fire that was quickly growing.
Many of you know that Lindy and I were hit by a drunk diver being pursued by the Farmington Police on June 24th. We are both fine, the car and car seat did their jobs. We both saw the chiropractor and Lindy has been released from care, I still have 3 appointments left. We got our car back on Thursday from the body shop. We replaced Lindy's car seat the day after the accident. Lindy slept through the accident and the check from the paramedics. We were surrounded by wonderful police officers, fire fighters and paramedics all making sure that we were ok. As of now, the city is pressing felony child abuse, felony aggravated DUI and some other charges that I am unsure of against the other driver. The owner of the car is being pursued by the state for not carrying insurance. This is why we have good uninsured motorist coverage!
I go back to work much sooner that I would like to think about! My TESOL endorsement classes start on August 10th. I am working on a bi-lingual endorsement that will be added to my teaching licence. I will not be learning another language, but I will be learning how to better incorporate students who do not speak or have limited English into my classroom.
I hope you all enjoy the updates and have been having a wonderful summer!
No comments:
Post a Comment