Friday, January 9, 2009

Showered With Love!

I have had two baby showers in the past week. One was supposed to be while I was in Nebraska to graduate and have Christmas. I obviously didn't make it to that one, but my mom, aunts, cousins and Grandma had it without me! They gathered all of their gifts on Christmas and sent me a "baby shower in a box". It was wonderful! My family is so very generous that I got many cute outfits, some handmade blankets, and baby essentials. My mom also got me a new figurine that is Pooh rocking Roo in a rocking chair.

My second shower was at school. The pictures below are from it. The hospitality committee did a great job of getting everything organized and many people attended. I had a few pictures of people in attendance, but as usual, NO ONE is looking at the camera! My co-workers made me feel very loved and fortunate. I have always said that McKinley feels like a family to me, and I am fortunate to have every member of that family.

Louise, another "Forest Service Wife," made Lindy her first Christmas stocking. If you look closely, you can see that Louise used her fantastic talents to add a Smokey Bear face and hat into the design! Thanks for taking the time to make Lindy such a special gift!

The ladies had a very cute Winnie the Pooh cake made for me.

We had a good time visiting, catching up outside of the classroom and laughing. I got many more outfits, blankets, and baby essentials. Thank you to everyone who attended!

After this week, I am feeling very loved and cared for even from afar! I couldn't ask for a more supportive family or better friends to help us through this exciting time in our lives! I can't say thank you enough for all of the great items that we received. The well wishes and expressions of joy over our baby are also very appreciated! She will be here very soon!

No comments: