Friday, January 9, 2009

Update on Miss Lindy

"Help! I am totally squished in here!"
Linda Ann, 1-8-09
This round of pictures was not very good, honestly, this was the best one!
Well, we now have enough information that I can pull this post together! We went to see Dr. Chang yesterday. He did an ultrasound and then met with us. The ultrasound was great to see. Lindy is very healthy (by healthy, I mean BIG!). Her lungs were "practice" breathing and her heart rate was 137. Her umbilical cord looks good and has great circulation. I am still very healthy. I have been gaining weight at an ungodly rate here at the end. She is going to be between 8 and 10 pounds, so I claim that all the weight I have gained in the past two weeks has gone straight to her! Her bones look good, and brace yourselves, she is going to be TALL. Her femur is really long.


Dr. Chang took a few minutes to look at the ultrasound and then came in to meet with us. We could read concern on his face, but the words he was saying were not matching. He kept saying that he "thought" the placenta had moved, was not recommending a c-section at this time, but warned me that it was a huge possibility after many hours of labor due to the placenta still being low lying. He said to re-schedule for a week and he would check then to see if I was dilated. He could tell from the ultrasound that I was not yet.


I went back to work and Jim went home. Jim then got a phone call from Dr. Chang himself at home asking to talk to me. He would not give Jim any information, so of course, worse case scenario jumped into our minds! I called him back immediately from my classroom. Dr. Chang had consulted with 2 other doctors after we left. Between the three of them, they decided (which Dr. Chang admitted was his initial thought) that a c-section was the best option. The placenta placement is really risky, especially with how big they think she is. Dr. Chang still left the final decision up to us. Needless to say, it took us a really short time to decide that for my health and Linda's that we needed a c-section.


On Tuesday I go in for all of the "pre" appointments. I have to see Dr. Chang, register at the hospital and have some tests done (no idea what kind of tests). Lindy will be delivered on Wednesday morning. She is the second c-section of the day so it will be late in the morning. Her birth date will be 1-14-09, unless I go into labor sooner and they do an emergency c-section. The important thing to remember is that I am healthy, she is healthy and she is going to be here the safest way possible!


Today was my last day in the classroom. I have to go back to the school on Monday and possibly Tuesday to finish report cards, DIBELS testing and AIMES Web testing. I will not be in the classroom and I will be available to help out my wonderful sub should she have any questions in the first two days. I return to work on April 13th. Jim is taking the first 6 weeks to be home with me to help me after the c-section.

1 comment:

You have got to be kidding me... said...

I am so stinking excited for you and Jim! I can't wait to see pictures of your beautiful little girl!