Monday, September 1, 2008

Finally!

OK, OK, so I am not so great at this whole blog thing! Jim has bought me a new camera and I have promised to do a better job of taking pictures! I have had many requests for baby bump pictures and will have those up as soon as I get the new software on the computer (I so totally need Geek Squad to just move in, my iPod has needed charged for a week and I haven't done it yet either!).

We find out tomorrow if the Tadpole is a boy or a girl. We are very excited to have an ultrasound. I refused the 12 week ultrasound because Jim was in California fighting a fire, so we have not had one since 6 weeks. When you go to an ultrasound alone (or any doctor appointment for that matter), the nurse gives you this "you poor abandoned pregnant woman" look. She feels the need to hold your hand and be extra excited for you. My doctor's nurse knows the situation and knows not to do this. The others, can't seem to wrap their brains around it though! I have more emotional support than one person deserves and I am very fortunate for that. My supports just all happen to be spread across the country or are out fighting fire! I know that all of you would be here in a second to hold my hand at these things if any of you could!

I have had a very easy pregnancy, so far. I had a few weeks where I had "morning" sickness from about 6:30 pm until I went to bed. Unfortunately, this landed right in the middle of softball season and right field or batting is not where you want to be when you get sick! I missed many games because of this! I am teaching a class of 19 this year and we are doing well! I am really tired at the end of the day, but I am always tired at the start of the school year. I go from the lazy days of summer to the action packed, never get to sit down, noisy days of school with 3 days of transition!

Hopefully the ultrasound pictures will be clear enough that I can scan them to the website. I would put up the first ultrasound, but literally, it is a blob inside of a larger blob next to a blob. There is a white dot that if you squint just right you can see, that is the heart.

Check back soon for the boy or girl announcement! We are not the wait and see type! It will either be Jason Arick or Linda Ann!

1 comment:

Jonny said...

We are soooo excited for the both of you! Can't wait to meet the new edition to the family....we still vote for Jimmy Chuck! Does our vote count?? Love you! Jonifer:)