Sunday, October 5, 2008

End of the Year Crew Party

Fire season is officially over! We had the annual end of the year crew party on Saturday. It was a great time, as usual! This year the theme was White Trash. It is always an entertaining theme. We have done it before, but the outfits are never the same twice! We find most of our outfit pieces at the thrift store and modify slightly!

I could not think of anything trashier than the "maternity outfit" of unzipped jeans and a stretchy t-shirt. A friend of mine was kind enough to place a fake tattoo on my lower belly. Another friend emptied a Jack Daniels bottle for me and I filled it up with tea. It was pretty funny to watch people before they were told I was drinking tea out of a clean bottle! I came close enough on the color with the tea that a couple of times I caught people just about to take a shot from my bottle instead of the smaller, real bottle of Jack that was floating around! I found Jim a t-shirt from a local rehab clinic at the thrift store. He made sure to carry around a bottle of something all night!


Jay gave himself a great fake mustache that made him look a little like my Uncle Phil in the 1970's. He is wearing his girlfriend Esther's t-shirt! Esther came as his cousin/girlfriend. They made a very cute couple!


Lance (front) and John both did very well with their outfits! Lance's wig was great! It was a mullet and it never once came off of his head all night! He did change outfits 3 or 4 times through the night. The best one, I didn't get a picture of. It was a green jumpsuit from the Victoria Fire District that he got while fighting fire in Australia last winter. Note that neither of these two smoke but they both carried around a cigarette all night!


Dustin (left) and Sean both found great mullet wigs! Dustin was complimented on his lovely hair by a rather scared looking woman while buying beer on the way to the party!

No comments: