Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Kickball Tournament

We decided last spring that we were not involved enough in the community. We thought that one way to get involved was to start getting the newspaper. I subscribed thinking that I would find concert dates and community events. We have found a few good events to attend. The best thing we have found so far is the Adult Coed Kickball Tournament. The guys from the crew pulled together the permanent employees who were still in town to play. They only had one girl on the crew this year and they needed 4 girls to field a team. Through girlfriends, cousins and friends, they ended up with enough girls to field a team. I couldn't play due some legality about risk and pregnancy with the city. Everyone had a great time and the only injury we had was from Erin tripping over the white line painted on the ground on the way to first base.

Jay pitching, Erin dutifully guarding third and Keith giving orders


Is someone going to catch it?

Jim up to kick
The team took second overall. We celebrated with 4 growlers of beer purchased with the winnings and a barbecue at our house. The pictures are all from the first game, the afternoon games were so windy and sandy that I didn't take any pictures for fear of jamming my camera with sand!

No comments: