We had been aware for some time that we had outgrown our little home. We lived very happily in 1,100 square feet as just the two of us. When we added Lindy and all of the stuff a newborn comes with it just got a little cozier. As she grew and the toys got bigger, we realized how episodes of Hoarders happen! We had a 10x10 storage shed that housed the guest bedroom furniture and when school ended, my classroom. Come to find out, I accumulated way more classroom things in 6 years than I would have ever imagined! The moving company (read your tax dollars) would not go to the storage shed to empty it, so we had to bring the storage shed to the house. We would have totally been able to film Hoarders. When the movers got to our new house which is almost 3 times as large as our old one, they were very impressed that they would not need to use a shoe horn to make everything fit! We have now a little extra storage space, but I doubt that will last long!
The living room housing Lindy's "big girl" bed, and the queen size guest bed.
We had just picked up Lindy's bed from our friends, the Hanks.
Lindy told Jim and Jay as they were loading it, "Be careful with my bed, guys."
When we put Lindy to bed she went to the living room to get her bed!
She wanted to sleep in it!
Lindy's nursery that was holding the toy room, disassembled crib and
two chairs around the corner.
We stacked the toys and she slept on her Aero bed on the floor.
The "hoard" from my classroom.
Why yes, that is a pile TOUCHING the ceiling.
There are some holiday decorations and nursery items mixed in here and there,
but mostly, you are looking at my income for the past 6 years!
And another angle of the hoard.
Thank goodness for my friend Phil!
He loaned me the truck to move into this house 3 years ago.
He did the heavy lifting when I needed some large things moved before Jim got home from the fire he was on as I moved in.
This time, he unloaded the shed for me while I had contractors and Lindy under foot before Jim got home to help us move. He saved Jim and I a lot of work.
We were so busy when Jim got home that there was no way we could have emptied the shed on top of everything else we had to do!
This is the last picture I took of our wonderful home.
These are the house numbers that were my first change when we moved in.
I pried off the old numbers and put these up before I even unloaded any boxes.
This is the house we brought our Lindy home to.
This is the house where we started our little family.
We miss New Mexico and our friends and family there so very much.
No comments:
Post a Comment